>>>From: Samrah [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
I know I need Brenda's book, but as I am just starting the book list is
really long.  How does Brok 36/2 compare to Brokman's 35/3?  I know we are
dealing with 2 ply vs. 3 ply, but are they close in size?<<<

As a general rule (within cotton, or within linen, etc.), x/3 is half again
the thickness of x/2.  The upper number indicates the diameter of each ply
and the lower number is the number of plies.  So each ply of 36/2 and 35/3
are the same thickness but there are half-again as many plies in the latter.

It's harder to compare different fibers because the measure for linen is
different for the measure for cotton.  So linen 36/2 is much heavier than
cotton 36/2.

Robin P.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to