Hi Elizabeth!

My advice is the same as the advice I give new lacemakers
who wonder what the author's color scheme and terms mean...
go to the front of each book and see what that author says!
It's the same for competitions...  each usually prints a
guide for exhibitors, and usually they also print the
criteria by which the entries will be judged.  I won't even
bother to include the criteria in the Virginia State Fair
guidebook, because they apply only to this fair, and may not
be the same as other competitions.

Clay

> > It appears that quite a few Arachnes have judged at
various fairs and
> > competitions.  What do you look for when judging?  I'm
sure that lots
> > of us
> > would like to know.  We may be able to improve our lace
and also have