Hi Bev,
In answer to your question: > In effect, this is a survey of sorts - to what
uses do *you* put your lace?

I like making laces that I can use.  So, I have made many
-edgings for curtains: for my sitting room , for my bedroom, for the toilet,
and for a daughter's room. Also edgings for bed cushions.
-doilies, which are smaller and quicker to make. I use them everyday to
cover the bread basket (here in Spain we eat bread with all meals). I also
put them under a flower vase, on a table, on any other piece of furniture...

For all these things I work torchon, guipure or tape lace, with number 50-30
thread.

Greetings from Antje