Waxed Linnenthreads have tradition in needlelace, I still wax my thread
when I work linnen for needlelace, but I dont use bee-wax, I use a
common tealight and my lace is washed after finishing my lace, so the
wax will not stay on the fiber.

 The difference during work is considerable as a waxed thread will be
smoth and strong, a not waxed thread will break often and of course
always on the wrong places. As you need to cut out all the places where
the thread has this little thick wool, so you will have a considerable
loss of thread too. 

Considering the difference in technique, I never had the idea to wax my
thread for a BL-project, in my eyes that will be a considerable loss of
time for no use at all..... On the other hand I use my rests on bobbins
to do a little piece of needlelace or sewing, as I hate to throw them
away.

Alix

from Luxembourg

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to