Sally I have a tatting shuttle made of lilac wood and it is perfectly, smooth
and pretty. BarbElovely.....
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sally Schoenberg
  To: [email protected]
  Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 1:11 PM
  Subject: [lace] lilac tree branch


  Hi everyone,

  The tree guys were here yesterday to prune our trees.  One of them is a
  lilac tree, not a bush but a tree, and they cut one of its trunks close to
  the ground.  It had to go because it was growing into the house but after
  all the pruning of it and another tree, the lilac tree will be getting a lot
  more light from another direction.  Anyway, I saved the trunk.  It's 6 to 6
  1/2 inches in diameter and 15 feet in length.  It's thought to be 50 years
  old and the tree guy said it's disease free.  Bobbin makers:  do you think
  bobbins can be made out of it?  Is anyone interested in having a piece?
  They're free.  Someone here wants a piece, and I would love to have a few
  bobbins made from it.  I expect the wood will take a long time to dry out
  but that doesn't bother me.  After all, my internal clock is set to
  lacemakers time.

  Sally Schoenberg
  Anchorage Alaska

  -
  To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
  unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to