> But entries by *Canadian* members of IOLI, sent to US first, then
> brought back to Canada, to remain in Canada...  A wide field full of

I don't see a problem here, except that the entrants have to allow for
mailing time.

> If I've spent hours and hours making a piece of lace, I want it to reach
> its destination. If that doesn't happen, insurance money won't replace
> the item.

Spot on.

> Can't even remember this one (NCV) being available *to* tick on our
> overseas mailig forms

It isn't a tick box, you write NCV on the line for value (I suppose you
could write 'priceless' but maybe they don't have a sense of humour...)

--
bye for now
Bev in Sooke, BC (on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)