On Oct 1, 2005, at 22:02, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Although I am a great fan of the convenience of Velcro, it has the
disadvantage of sometimes clinging to things to which it was not intended to come in
contact.  [...]

the true warning is that Velcro can snag many things,
and you must carefully plan where you will use it.  If lace were to get
caught up in it, well.....heartbreaking.

Lace, or even an odd thread on a bobbin which has slipped its hitch, or a bobbin which has slipped its mooring; even the gentler half of a Velcro strip or patch can spell death to something delicate. Yes, it's convenient, because one doesn't have to accurate in matching the two parts of it, which, in turn, allows for more leeway but... Jeri's experience with snagging on a totally exposed piece is only half of a problem; I've had (years ago, and never again <g>) equally bad problems with Velcro fastenings on a skirt's waist. Most of the strip bits would match, and be safe, but the bits which extended in any direction snagged and rubbed, till they worked through the fabiric. Much better to buy a piece of tape with snaps, or else pound in/sew in snaps as needed. I think Velcro is evil <g>

Yours, with her copy of the IOLI Bulletin received in today's post and looking forward to a very long morning reading it tomorrow (Ok, today <g>)

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/