I'm looking at my two beautiful lace booklets by Ulrike Lohr (sorry for the
missing umlaut), called Schmetterlinge and Maikafer, flieg!  and was
wondering if anybody has translated the text of these two books into English
and would be willing to share with me.  If not, is there a copy of lace
terminology translations (German/English) available for download somewhere?

Also, some of the techniques used in these books are very different from
anything that I've done before.  She uses a lot of 3-dimensional effects,
carrying threads from one part of the design to another, for example.  Is
she using techniques derived from some historical lacemaking style?  If so,
which one, and is there a book anyone can recommend to help explain how to
do them?

Thanks!

Lisa McClure