Season's Greetings everyone
I thought during the holiday lull I might pick up knitting needles and
practice lace knitting, something non-bobbin-lace that I could learn
more about. I've had two titles on my bookshelf for years:- Margaret
Stove's Hand Knitted Lace and Barbara Abbey's Knitting Lace. MS in her
book explains the difference between lace knitting and knitted lace. I
find this bit fascinating.
In one, the lace knitting, there is a relief row where you purl all
the stitches. The other, knitted lace,  every row is a pattern row,
and I think requires greater concentration for a slouch like me who
prefers soothing repetitive knitting, but desires the lacey effect :)
There would be those patterns where lace knitting and knitted lace are
combined.
I am intrigued to find a lot of older knitted lace patterns reinvented
bobbin lace patterns. However I think I'd like to come up with a
completely different lace in knitting -
--
bye for now
Bev, armchair knitting in sunny, green Sooke BC (on Vancouver Island,
west coast of Canada)
Cdn. floral bobbins
www.woodhavenbobbins.com

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to