I am intrigued to find a lot of older knitted lace patterns reinvented
bobbin lace patterns. However I think I'd like to come up with a
completely different lace in knitting -
--
bye for now
Bev, armchair knitting in sunny, green Sooke BC (on Vancouver Island,
=======================================================

Hi Bev,

I was looking at some really classic German lace knit patterns and was struck by their similarity to Binche. The grounds, the motifs in plain knitting. Also, it was not until I had been steeped in lace for quite some time that I finally solved the mystery (to my own satisfaction) of where crochet lace patterns came from. A lot of the lacier crochet is definitely guipure if not Cluny. Of course Dillmont has a terrific crochet replica of Reticella which I made one New Year's Eve when I was too sick to go out.

Patty
-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to