> I love the idea of a 24-hour lacemaking relay.  But September
> seemes a long time to wait!  Can we have a trial run first?

Sounds to me like this should be separate from the UK National Lace Day
and become a new, International Lace Day.  It would run from date-line
through AUstralia/New Zealand and Asia, across Africa and Europe to the
Americas, and end in the Pacific at the date line again.  Just like
following New Year's Day celebrations.

Since it's date-line to date-line, you can pick whatever date you
like.  How about the Arachne list's anniversary date in APril?  Then it
can be an annual event, if it works well.

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
(formerly  Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)