Hi to the Catlady & anyone else interested,
I just looked through my Canadian Lacemaker Gazette & there is a group of
lacemakers in Winnipeg.
It might be worthwhile contacting them.
Winnipeg Lace Ladies
Meeting: 2nd & 4th Thursday morning
Contact # 204-255-3299
# 204-883-2957
Hope this helps
Joan in Ontario
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Sue Babbs
Sent: March 2, 2006 10:07 AM
To: Catlady
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [lace] Introduction
> Anyway, I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba....
Canadian suppliers that spring to mind are:
http://www.victoria.tc.ca/~wt912/
http://www.trilliumlace.ca/
US suppliers
http://www.vansciverbobbinlace.com/
http://www.lacemakerusa.com/
http://www.lacemaking.com/
http://www.lacysusan.com/index.html
http://www.snowgoose.cc/
This is not a comprehensive list, just what I can think of without too much
effort! I don't know about their policies on payment, you'll have to check
the sites for that.
Oh! I've just stumbled across the Arachne page for suppliers ( I don't know
how up-to-date it is):
http://www.arachne.com/suppliers/lace_sources.us.html
and list of Canadian lace guilds (dated 1996!!!) :
http://www.arachne.com/guild/canada.html
There is a Canadian lace guild and magazine, but I can't readily find info
on that
American Lace Guild: International Old Lacers Inc
http://www.internationaloldlacers.org/
Lori the lace fairy has collected lots of sage advice for beginners on her
pages:
http://lace.lacefairy.com/BeginGuide.html
Hopefully soon - others will chip in with more info. I'd better go out and
stop playing on the computer for now.!!
>> Sue Babbs
>> (an Englishwoman living in Chicago)
>Cool.... My family came from Manchester.... I'm first generation
>Canadian....
I come originally from the Wirral (across the Mersey from Liverpool). My
first job after university was in Manchester, and that is still my preferred
airport for flying into the UK - lovely early morning flight along the coast
of North Wales. then I know I am home!
Sue
-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]