Hi Catlady,
  I have only one cat at the moment but most of my lace ends up with a little 
fur in it even though I keep the pillows covered at most times!
   
  I am sure Bev will chime in as she is the Editor for the Canadian Lace 
Magazine.  Do try to contact the local lace guild as you might have a neighbour 
who makes lace.  
   
    Most of us have to purchase our stash from vendors but do ask the group 
advice about types of bobbins, pillows, etc., to purchase so that you don't 
make a mistake.  I bought cheap Belgian bobbins to work with but hated the way 
they rolled on my domed pillow.  I much prefer the newer International ones 
with squared off sides but not many twiddly bits that get in the way of 
sewings.  Check out the types of lace that appeal to you as some use specialist 
bobbins such as Honiton which are not much use for other heavier laces.  Do ask 
questions that you might think are stupid, its amazing how many of us learn 
something else from the answers.
   
  I am also from Manchester (Stretford), but have lived in the US now for 24 
years.
   
  Welcome to Arachne.
  Janice  


Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to