On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 13:24:09 -0500, Clay wrote:
>Years ago, I think it was Steph Peters who introduced us to the hackle plier
>which could be used to hold broken threads while repairing, or could be used
>when you get to the bitter end of a thread and there isn't enough to hold it
>on a bobbin, but there is enough to get to the end of the project!

Nope, I'll have to disclaim the credit for that.  I learnt about them from
Jacqui Southworth, who lives in a fishing port, so she's a more likely
source.  Bought mine from the UK Lace Guild at an AGM.

What I can lay claim to is a picture of my pair for those of you who have
never seen hackle pliers:
http://www.sandbenders.demon.co.uk/bobbinlace/hackle.htm
--
Money can't buy everything. That's what credit cards are for.
Steph Peters  [EMAIL PROTECTED]