Thank you, Betty!!!!! Me, too.
I learned to lace and spin in the same year (mid '70's), but it was a **long**
time before I  applied my spinning knowledge to lace threads.. too busy
learning to bother with the details!!!!!
Thus, I did as you,  Learned to wind bobbins  clockwise and  adjusted the
hitches, if they did not hold.  And that is what I still do....seldom worrying
about the z- or- s twist.   I, also, have not seen any detriment to my lace .

 Like the others, time and practice teach us to be "name switchers" when
reading patterns.   Honestly, after my first encounter with the TC-CT
method..... my first pattern was TC, my first book CT.....I never give it a
thought; except to warn students that there are different approaches to
lacing.
BarbE

  Well put, Clay!  However, I was taught, many, many years ago, to wind
  clockwise and I had never heard of  Z-twist and S-twist threads. Maybe there
  were Z-twist and S-twist threads, but we never heard of them.  Hasn't made
  any difference in my lacemaking the past 29 years 'course I am known to
  change the hitch of a misbehaving bobbin..

  Happy Lacemaking,
  Betty Ann in Roanoke, Virginia USA

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to