Alice,

I've used the "Bookworm" from Gillian Dye's book "A
Grandmother's Pattern Book".  (I hope that name is
correct; I'm at work.)  I really like it.

Diane Williams
Galena, Illinois USA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--- Alice Howell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've been asked to teach a sample lesson to a group
> of
> 7 elementary school girls who are learning various
> textile arts.  I have two sessions of two hours to
> use.
> 
> I plan to have a pillow for each one, and most of
> the
> bobbins wound.  At this moment, I'm thinking about
> using the Springett snake pattern.  I think it can
> be
> done in the time available.
> 
> Each girl will have to wind one or two pairs of
> bobbins to understand the process, but we won't have
> time for them to wind all of them.  The patterns
> will
> be on the pillows.  We'll only deal with the cloth
> stitch and the single twist.
> 
> I have commandeered my lace friend to assist, so
> there
> will be two of use to guide the 7 girls and their
> leader. (I'll have her make one, also.)
> 
> My question is:  Does anyone know of a better
> pattern
> than the Snake for a quickie sampler project?  I
> haven't had time to search through my books since I
> agreed to do these lessons next month.
> 
> If these girls really enjoy bobbin lace, I'll give
> them more instruction later.  They have been doing
> spinning, weaving and knitting this year. A
> nationally
> known native Indian basket maker is scheduled to
> give
> them some basket weaving lessons.  (We are very near
> an Indian Reservation with many skilled people.)
> 
> They plan to do embroidery and crochet later.  The
> leader wants them to explore a wide range of textile
> arts.  I wanted bobbin lace to be included, so
> became
> involved.
> 
> Alice in Oregon
> 
> -
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> containing the line:
> unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write
> to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 


Diane Williams
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Galena Illinois USA

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to