I have taught 4th - 8th graders to make lace and they have done really well. I start them with a series of fish - the fist one being cloth stitch (CTC) and the next cloths stitch and twist (CTCT), the third is half stitch (CT), with CTCT edge . I wind all the bobbins in time for the first lesson and then they help wind the second. Each fish can be completed in a 90 minute lesson. Snakes take considerably longer.

After that they can design pond weed, make an octopus, fish using ground stitches etc. They can then put the fish on a baseball cap, make a collage picture etc.

I will try to find the patterns etc and send them to you, Alice

Sue

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to