When my mother was alive, we used to make these dolls in white acrylic wool
over a framework of a pipe cleaner, then dress them with a crocheted skirt,
shawl and brimmed hat, stiffened with starch.  We would stuff the skirt with
polyfill, sometimes mixed with some dried lavender, and stitch a circle of
felt in the bottom, and they would stand upright.  The idea of the pattern
came from an old Crochet Monthly magazine of drop over covers for boiled
breakfast eggs.  Ick.  We made dozens and dozens of these, and gave them all
away (except for 3 I kept when Mum passed away).  

I haven't made any since, but if anyone would like the crochet pattern I
made up, please email me direct on [EMAIL PROTECTED]  

Talking about these dolls has brought back many very happy memories this
Christmas morning.

Christmas Greetings to all, and happy lacemaking for 2007

Noelene in Cooma, where instead of our usual sweltering hot Christmas day, a
cold change has swept through and I'm glad I've planned an old fashioned hot
dinner

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nlafferty/

 

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to