On 8 Dec 2007, at 02:20, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

1) Winding bobbins
If there are a lot to wind it's relaxation time and I'm usually watching TV as well. Or there may be lots of colours and textures and putting them all together and winding as I go is part of the fun.

2) Final sewing together
That's the best bit, almost finished! Always make the join if you have one whilst the lace is still on the pillow - much less likely to pull it out of shape.

3) Tallies (leaves, squares, triangles, any other type)
Get stuck in and work a pattern with LOTS of tallies, and by the end you'll be able to make them without pulling your hair out and they won't be a big deal any longer

For me the bit I dislike is making a proper pricking on card, tedious and hard on the fingers (apply the plaster before you get a blister!). For yardage lace it has to be done but for one-offs I use plastic film over the pattern which, with a good pillow, I find is quite adequate.

Brenda in Allhallows, Kent
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/index.html