Hello Helen,
quite an interesting survey!

1) Winding bobbins

Since learning how to do it quite fast by dragging the bobbin back and forth on a string it's no problem - and I also see it as "Zen time" as Kate so nicely put it.

2) Final sewing together

Hate it. I'm too impatient at the end to get a piece off the pillow and may make a mess on an otherwise fine piece. I'm doing yardage (or rather metrage) right now. Knotting off is bad enough.

3) Tallies (leaves, squares, triangles, any other type)

I didn't make too many of those yet, most were in this butterfly:
http://tinyurl.com/24z94g.

I'm getting angry with myself if they get jagged edges, though. But that's probably just a matter of exercise.

One more point that someone in a german forum mentioned lately and she didn't like to do at all:

4) Pulling out the pins

... which I like, since that's the time were the final result shows up.

And something I don't like to do, since it's tedious and strenuous for my eyes (and even hand and fingers):

5) Pricking the pattern

I pre-prick all the patterns anyway, since it makes work much easier and faster (the needles slip into place nearly by themselves and I don't have to stare that hard on the pattern while making the lace).

Best, Achim in grey and wet Berlin.