Hello everyone -

I have also had my turn with trying to learn this technique. Anny Noben-Slegers demonstrated this during a workshop a couple of years ago - using Binche bobbins. She seemed to be made of more flexible stuff that I am!!! (Not to mention more genius, more grace, more imagination... and on and on and on!!!) I have a very difficult time twisting my right hand into the position required to capture the bobbin for the toss!! I don't think I would be any better off with the left hand - to be honest. Still... maybe the larger bobbins would help. At any rate, I continue to plod along, lifting and crossing and twisting each pair, one at a time... but my tallies are respectable. They may not be fast, but they're respectable.

So... here's the next explosive subject for debate: WHAT TO DO WITH THE WORKER AND MATE at the end of the tally???

 -  Carry on, as normal...

 -  Do a knot to secure the tally...

 -  Do a half-hitch to "help" secure the tally...

Any other tricks to keep the tally from collapsing???

Clay
(who is not endorsing any or all of the above tricks - just curious!!!)

-------

Margot Walker wrote:
I, too, found it impossible while using East Midlands bobbins. But I could do it using Continental bobbins - they're just that much thicker and easier to grab while your hand's contorted!