That's a given!! But I've found that with a fine pin and patience, I've been able to take out even a full knot. Still... a half-hitch works nearly as well, and is easier to take out. I also find that if I don't do *something*, even if I'm very careful, I'll collapse those lovely tallies, guaranteed!

Clay

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
---- Clay Blackwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: So... here's the next explosive subject for debate: WHAT TO DO WITH THE WORKER AND MATE at the end of the tally???
  -  Carry on, as normal...
  -  Do a knot to secure the tally...
  -  Do a half-hitch to "help" secure the tally...

I can pretty much guarantee that if I knot (even half-hitch) at the end, I will
need to take out that tally.

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA