Hi Clay, and thank you for your suggestion, I am always interested to hear peoples thoughts and opinions, because something obvious to one isn't always obvious to all. But, yes I do pre prick my patterns, I try not to make too big a hole in case that were the wrong move leaving a pattern with the pins slopping around in a bad hole. It feels to me as if the resistance is on the pillow itself rather than the pattern, but having said that I might try a different pricker and see if it makes any difference, I do have an old one in the box, so worth a try. Some patterns I do bend some pins and others not. I also found and bought a pot of the spray plaster and will try that. Now I just have to choice and prepare a pattern to do. I have been away recently and my body feels as if someone switched the button off. I hate to sit down in the evenings without lace to make but so far haven't found 'the pattern' I want to make now. I need so inspiration and some motivation. Normally I have a number lined up waiting to go from one to the other.

I have just completed Janice Blairs little rocking horse baby card piece in preparation for my step great granddaughters imminent arrival. Thank you Janice, I am pleased with the end result. Sue T, Dorset UK

Hi Sue -

Our skillful friends have given you lots of good ideas, and I don't want to offend you by bringing up the obvious, but can't help pointing out one possibility... I trust that your are pricking your pricking before it's pinned to the pillow, but I wonder if you've tried using a larger needle in your pricker? I had trouble a while back, because even with very fine pins, I was getting a sore finger, and worse... I was bending an awful lot of pins!! I came to the conclusion that I needed to use a bigger needle in the pricker, and... TA -DAA! Problem solved.

Clay

Sue wrote:
Thank you for some good ideas on this problem, I think I might try this liquid bandage one first and see how it goes.

Some of the others I would find very impractical, I do have a pin pusher tool, but when working lace I do the stitch, pick up the pin and push in and then continue to work, if I stopped to pick up a tool each time, well I dont think I would. When I am pushing in a number of pins to turn a piece then I do use it, but its the single pin in the work that is what I am trying to help. Some pieces (or may be it is some pillows) I have to push harder.