On Mar 14, 2009, at 16:58, Sue wrote:

I had half remembered this but the only ones I have seen so far have been the womens hankies I have here which are far too colourful for the lace I want to
make.

Sometimes that works for you, rather than against you :) I once found a box of 3 (new) hankies with a lily-of-the valley embroidered in one corner. Embroidery is something I cannot do well, so that was perfect. My step-granddaughter's name is Lily Roosevelt and, since her mother's surname before marriage had been Duvall, I sometimes call her lily-of-the-valley in a rose field. So, I made an edging with roses in it for one of the 3 hankies (all I had the patience for <g>) and gave her the whole box. She had two hankies for blow and one for show and was very happy with the whole.

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/