From: owner-l...@arachne.com [mailto:owner-l...@arachne.com] On Behalf Of
Achim Siebert
Sent: Monday, 25 May 2009 12:46 AM
To: lace
Cc: Achim Siebert
Subject: Re: [lace] speaking of bobbins

Still searching for real "six penny" bobbins ... no wonder nearly
nobody does exquisite bobbin lace any more. If a project needs 300-400
bobbins and a simple continental one costs 3 GBP nobody can or wants
to afford making intricate lace. It would cost a small fortune. Since
there are modern turning lathes that make copies of a piece all by
themselves I really don't understand those fancy prices.

Sorry to let some steam off here, but it's something that irks me for
quite a while now. At least langendorfkloeppel.de has better prices
for 100+ bobbins, so I'm set now for the book "Schwarzarbeit" - if
only I had the courage to start one of those beautiful patterns (kudos
to David with his wonderful monster-mat!).

Best, Achim.