I cut a couple of six inch lengths from a two inch noodle.
I gently pushed the end against a smooth vertical surface and used a new
craft knife (No. 11 blade).
I slowly turned the noodle away from me while applying light press with the
knife, which I held in a supported location.
So just the noodle turns while the blade rest on it.
I wish I could demonstrate.
Mine came out fairly square. A little better than I had expected and I was
able to make it look like a single slice not a spiral or steps.
A four inch noodle will be more difficult if you use a short hobby knife. I
have a large Texas Tooth pick with my leather tools, but if you have a
really sharp filet knife that should work. The main thing I think is that
the blade needs to be thin since a thick knife will spread the noodle and
could force the knife sideways.
HTH
Pat
--------------------------------------------------
From: "Vickie Green" <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, August 01, 2009 3:13 PM
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: [lace] Cutting a Pool Noodle
Greetings All,
I am planning to use a covered 5 1/5" diameter pool noodle as a needle
lace
pillow. Any suggestions as to how to cut it's length to size?
Thanks for your help,
Vickie in Virginia
-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]
-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]