In message <[email protected]>, Margot Walker <[email protected]> writes
On 11 Aug 2009, at 13:25, A. González wrote:

The
book is "Der Anfang vom Ende" (don't know the English translation
for it)

I think that this is Ulrike Lohr's (as she then was) "The Beginning
of the End".

Margot Walker in Halifax on the east coast of Canada

and

>I've found Sheila Brown's "Starts and Finishes in Torchon lace" very
>useful.

Thanks for that, but the two books mentioned above were the ones I had in mind (I was having a senior moment and couldn't remember how to spell Ulrike's name!!!) - I meant books that don't necessarily have "starts" or "beginnings" in the title, that would be easy to miss unless you knew that there was this sort of information in them.

Although there are specialist books, such as these, sometimes what is written in other, more general, books, puts a different slant on the wording or diagrams (making it easier for some to understand), or comes up with other possibilities. I can cope with reading/understanding French text up to a point, but otherwise languages other than English are beyond me and I would need translations!
--
Jane Partridge

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]

Reply via email to