OK, I understand now, I sort of got it right but for needlelace, not bobbin lace. Thank you all for some very good and clear emails. As I am not a needlelace person I will stick to the tried and tested card and blue paper I have used for 8 years:-) It just seemed the right time to ask the question as you are all such a mine of information. Sue T, Dorset UK where we are getting a bashing from the winds from the left overs of Hurrican Bill

I think it was architect's linen that is good for needlace, rather than
architect's paper for bobbin lace prickings.
(I suspect architects no longer use architect's linen now that everything is
designed on computers and printed/photocopied ad lib)
Beth
enjoying a rare sunny day in Cheshire, NW England and getting ready to host
our lace group tonight

Sue wrote:
We are currently using some architects paper for pattern making before
cutting some weird shape in wood, but in the back of my mind I am thinking
I have heard that architects paper makes good Lace Pricking
paper/parchment. Do any of you researcher lacemakers out there know if I am
right.