Ah! Nolene...Now I see what you mean.  I have one of those except there
is a plug on the bottom and when the plug is removed, a small bobbin
falls out.  I think it is called "Cow and Calf" or "Mother and Baby"  I
got the bobbin in an antique/junk shop in England in 1978
or thereabouts.  The plug on my bobbin is loose so it isn't used.  Could
this be what you have with the plug and baby or calf missing?  Anyone
want to chime in on this after looking at the photo? Happy Lacemaking,Betty
Ann Rice in Roanoke, Virginia USA