Oh dear, Beth!!  I can sympathize...

I learned that if the pillow isn't right in front of the chair, the cat isn't much interested. I've also learned that I must cover the pincushion as well as the pillow!! When my cat was first adopted, he jumpted onto the pillow (covered, thank goodness!), and began to explore the pincushion on the tray above the pillow. I realized something was wrong when he started coughing. I picked him up and looked, and a tiny insect pin was stuck in the roof of his mouth! A hasty trip to the vet, anesthesia, x-rays, and extrication of the pin solved the problem... and cost me $195.00!! Thankfully, he had not swallowed any!!

But the pins are now covered securely!!

The same cat then discovered the phone on my desk, which has a speaker-phone button on it. He would step on the button, and pat the rest of the keys because they made noise! One day, I heard a phone ringing on the other end... probably in China... and hurried to hand it up. I have now put a sturdy box over the phone, with a heavy paperweight on top. The next toy he found was the computer. If I wander away to get another cup of coffee, he'll jump up on the keyboard and walk around. One day when I came back with my fresh cuppa, he had found a website I'd never seen before. So... if I walk away, I have to close the laptop. DH says he must have been "surfing for kittie porn".

Clay

Beth McCasland wrote:
Gentle Spiders,
Subject line pretty much says it all.  I was not uttering nice polite words to 
my kitties yesterday evening when I came home to find my lace pillow upside 
down on the floor.  I'd been working on a Beds piece, and fortunately many of 
my bobbins (midlands) were pinned together and then pinned down, only the 
workers of the current motif were loose.  Still the shock of seeing my pillow 
upside down on the floor was a bit much.  Since the pillow table was standing, 
I knew my large dog wasn't to blame.  Things were righted, but I couldn't face 
straightening the bobbins just yet.  I did see that there were no broken 
threads this time.  The cats were allowed to live.  I tried to explain to the 
cats that Papa Noel wouldn't leave tuna in their stockings if they continued to 
mess with my lace pillow, but they heard none of it!

For safety, and my sanity, I moved the pillow on it's stand away from my chair until I'm ready to work on the lace project again (tonight perhaps).
Beth McCasland
in the suburbs of New Orleans, Louisiana
where the north wind is blowing and we might have snow!

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]


-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]

Reply via email to