Dear Bev and other interested readers.

Maybe David will remind us of his tale of woe and the Chantilly project....?

I've been shuddering as I read these emails. The horror of that moment of seeing the pillow upside down has never left me. Yes, that was a Chantilly bow tie - long since often worn at performances etc. There were nearly 300 bobbins. It took the rest of the day to sort them out, and I recall that only 14 threads broke. The unfortunate part was that most of them were side by side. It happened at a lace day in Melbourne and was caused by another lace maker!! Boy did she feel rotten - or at least I like to think I made her feel rotten LOL\

David in Ballarat