Oh, Beth, I do sympathize. One of my previous cats learned that if he jumped
up on the chair, put his head under the edge of the pillow and reared up, he
could flip the lace pillow over and off the stand--doing it deliberately, mind
you--and then get to watch his human scream, turn purple, waive fists, and try
hard not to kill cat. He used up several of his nine lives until I figured out
where I could put the pillow so it was safe. He's the only one who did that,
thank heavens.
Nancy
Connecticut, USA

________________________________
Gentle Spiders,
Subject line pretty much says it all.  I was not uttering nice
polite words to my kitties yesterday evening when I came home to find my lace
pillow upside down on the floor.  I'd been working on a Beds piece, and
fortunately many of my bobbins (midlands) were pinned together and then pinned
down, only the workers of the current motif were loose.  Still the shock of
seeing my pillow upside down on the floor was a bit much.  Since the pillow
table was standing, I knew my large dog wasn't to blame.  Things were righted,
but I couldn't face straightening the bobbins just yet.  I did see that there
were no broken threads this time.  The cats were allowed to live.  I tried to
explain to the cats that Papa Noel wouldn't leave tuna in their stockings if
they continued to mess with my lace pillow, but they heard none of it!

For
safety, and my sanity, I moved the pillow on it's stand away from my chair
until I'm ready to work on the lace project again (tonight perhaps).

Beth
McCasland
in the suburbs of New Orleans, Louisiana
where the north wind is
blowing and we might have snow!