I understand that it's what is used for electronic circuit boards.

However, many years ago in the late 1960s when I worked in a lab for Ministry
of Defence in Woolwich Arsenal testing papers and boards we used to test
something called 'glazed board' which used as casing for ammunition cartridges.
  This was thin, dense, shiny card, the same as we use for pricking card, but
not having embarked on my lace career then I missed the opportunity of getting
masses of the (left over) stuff for free!

Brenda

On 28 May 2010, at 16:00, laceandb...@aol.com wrote:

> Now a question, does anyone know what *real* pricking card is actually made
> for.  I don't believe it's made for lace makers only; we just re-purpose it
> as it does the job we want.

Brenda in Allhallows
www.brendapaternoster.me.uk