Try researching needlelace to it's beginning, where a lot of times, in
books, it was called all sorts of things, including by the embroidery terms.
 It gets very confusing.  I'll think I'm reading about needlelace, then
suddenly realize I've been reading about embroidery of some sort all along!

Branwyn,
in warm, sunny Colorado

--
Per pale argent and purpure, two phoenixes counterchanged sable and argent
each rising from flames proper.

"It is sometimes the most fragile things that have the power to endure and
become sources of strength."
- May Sarton

"Only a life lived in the service to others is worth living."- Albert
Einstein

"Out of clutter, find Simplicity. From discord, find Harmony. In the middle
of difficulty lies opportunity." - Albert Einstein

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful
than the risk it took to blossom." - Anais Nin

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have
imagined." - Henry David Thoreau