And here am I still working on my original sawdust pillow of 21 years. I've never had to refill it. I just turn it upside down on the floor on a cover cloth and dance on the bottom to redistribute the sawdust once in a while. Granted it is heavy to lug around but I wouldn't be without it.

Shirley T. - Adelaide, South Australia with beautiful sunny days and cold, cold nights.

On 26/07/2010 5:37 AM, Ruth Budge wrote:
One of my pillows came from England (I think the chap who made it has given
up and gone fishing or something) and the other came from the U.S.    The
English one is nearly 20 years old, has had constant use, and is still as
good as new, unlike my pillows stuffed with other substances.   Even my
horsehair pillow has a very slightly soft bit in the centre.

Ruth (Sydney, Australia)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-l...@arachne.com [mailto:owner-l...@arachne.com] On Behalf Of
Agnes Boddington
Sent: Monday, 26 July 2010 4:29 AM
To: walker.b...@gmail.com; lace@arachne.com
Subject: Re: [lace] Ethafoam ...

I had the impression that ethafoam was like memory foam, and wondered about
the suitability for lace pillows, as it is rather soft adn squigy.
Agnes Boddington

   Hi Agnes and everyone

   In essence, ethafoam = polystyrene , also known as polyethylene-based
extruded foam, for our lace pillows. It has many uses; museums use it for
packing artifacts.

   Bev in Shirley BC Canada

   On , Agnes Boddington<ag...@weatherwax.karoo.co.uk>  wrote:
   >  I have never yet seen ethafoam pillows in the UK.

J.S.&  S.R. Tregellas
14 Sheringa Drive,
Morphett Vale,  SA  5162
Electronics and Ham Radio Home Page