I have some spare bobbins with thread left on them and when using short
lengths of thread - for example, doing Christmas decorations or the gimp in
a bookmark, I tie my short length of thread to the existing thread.  I
especially do this when getting beginners to do the Springett Snake.

I don't like thread tied to bare bobbins, too much trouble to get the off.

Noelene in Cooma
nlaffe...@ozemail.com.au