Hi All,

I *do* put a slip knot on when I wind bobbins - I tell my students that I do, and also tell them that a lot of lace-makers don't, and let them make up their own minds! But - I tie mine on, as I travel - like most lace teachers and lace-makiers, I am sure! - all over the place to classes, Lace Days, and 'Home' groups, and feel that, even if the bobbins run when being hauled around, I am not going to lose said bobbin, as it is tied on! So - not because I am Scrooge-like with thread, or that I don't wind the bobbins properly, just a 'belt and braces' way to make sure I don't lose any of my bobbins.

Carol - in Sufoflk UK
'Deliver us, Lord, from every evil, and grant us peace in our day.'
----- Original Message ----- Sent: Friday, October 08, 2010 8:17 PM
Subject: Re: [lace] Re: Bobbin-A-Long School of Lacemaking

I am not a fan of tying thread to bobbins