While she indicates that she knows it will be expensive, I think she would be completely shocked to learn how long it would take to make what she wants... even if several people are working on it, as was not at all unusual centuries ago..., and so the expense will be astronomical!

The other things that bother me relates to the time constraint... she will have long since missed the deadline on her project by the time the lace is finished... AND by then, the two-year surge of lace in fashion may be over, so her project will lack originality.

Clay

On 4/18/2011 4:25 PM, The Lace Bee wrote:
One has to commend her abition.  Because I'm still working I couldn't give the
time to this and for me to take time out to do this I doubt she, as a student,
could afford the cost.
Hopefully there is someone out there who could. L

Kind Regards

Liz Baker

thelace...@btinternet.com

My chronicle of my bobbins can be found at my website:
http://thelacebee.weebly.com/

--- On Sun, 17/4/11, Brenda Paternoster<paternos...@appleshack.com>  wrote:

From: Brenda Paternoster<paternos...@appleshack.com>
Subject: [lace] Bobbin lace commission
To: "Arachne"<lace@arachne.com>
Cc: meiyan_t...@yahoo.com.hk
Date: Sunday, 17 April, 2011, 22:50

Dear Spiders

I have just received this from a fashion design student in London.  Is there
any one out able/willing to help her?  I have pointed out that BL is a time
consuming process which means that any commission will be expensive.

Brenda

Dear Brenda,
After I visited your webpage, I can feel your passion on lacemaking. I am
writing to ask if you make bobbin lace with specific designs.
I am a MA Fashion Design and Technology student of London College of
Fashion. I am currently planning for my final MA collection. I really
appreciate the delicacy and subtlety of bobbin lace. I am interested in
applying bobbin lace into my designs. At the moment, I am developing graphic
images which can then be integrated into lace designs. Since I cannot do the
lace by myself, I am looking for any professional bobbin lacemakers with good
craftsmanship could plait the laces for me.
So, do you make laces? Or, do you have any of your students are interested
the above matter?
I am not asking for sponsorship, so I will pay for the handcrafts. I
sincerely hope that you could help. I am sure the outcomes would be amazing
and positive in promoting the aesthetics of bobbin lace.
I am looking forwards to hearing from you. Thank you very much for your
attention!
Best regards,
May Tang
Email: meiyan_t...@yahoo.com.hk