At 07:16 AM 19/04/2011, Clay Blackwell wrote:
While she indicates that she knows it will be expensive, I think she would be completely shocked to learn how long it would take to make what she wants... even if several people are working on it, as was not at all unusual centuries ago..., and so the expense will be astronomical!

To provide an example for her, I recently finished a scarf 120cm X 15cm in Toender for an exhibition. I took the trouble to add up the hours as I went and the entire work took slightly more than 2200 hours. As these exhibits are for sale, I have had the audacity to put AUS $2000 on it - that's slightly less than $1 per hour's work (or pleasure as you see fit)!!

That equals US $ 2095 and GB £ 1288 and Euro $ 1469

If she's willing to pay at least double that rate, I'd be interested

David in Ballarat