Dear Arachnids

These ideas about using thorns and fish bones have been around for a long
time. Has anyone actually tried using thorns or fishbones to make lace? I mean
the very fine lace made at the time the thorns were supposed to have been
used. Did they work or not?

Regarding the type of thorn, they would have to be from plants found in the
hedgerowa at the time, not exotic ones like cacti. I'm not sure if pyrocantha
would have been found. Does anyone know?

There are many old wives tales around, but you have to try them to prove their
validity and not blindly perpetuate them. I have debunked several.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Alex