Dear Lyn,

This brings up another issue:  Holes in the wood boxes  could allow moths,
insects, and micro-organisms to infiltrate.   This is something to consider
if critters are present in the home.   You know if there are moths in your
environment.  Insects and  micro-organisms can come inside on cut flowers,
plants, fresh produce,  family pets, people, etc.  When I bought a
200-years-old Scottish tall  clock at auction, I sent it right from the auction
house
to a wood expert, to be  treated against critters.  (There were traces of
sawdust in the nooks and  crannies!)

(A friend told me how a tiny mouse worked its way into a closet and dined
on waxed thread that was used to secure beads on a dress.   By the  time she
discovered this, all the beads rolled to the floor when she lifted the
dress.  With no original pattern, the beaded dress could not be  restored.)

Again, make sure you put your review reminders on your personal  calendars
and keep these things in rooms you live in, not the attic or  basement!
Store your blue jeans in iffy places, not your lace  treasures.

Jeri Ames in  Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center

In a message dated 8/14/2011 6:45:10 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,