I have been taught by a variety of tutors (not speaking about lace here) and felt that they are probably good at their subject but no good at teaching. Others just can teach, On here we hear the praise and the joy that comes across from so many people who have attended classes with people who do teach lace, and come away an understanding of a new type. Word or mouth is an excellent recommendation of finding a good lace teacher (or any other kind come to that:-)
Sue T

From: Lyn Bailey <lynrbai...@desupernet.net>
Thus a lace teacher really
should not do things calculated to alienate her students.

One of the things
that really annoys me is that many people think that they can teach or train
people and over the years I have seen some terrible results.

I know that
George Bernard Shaw (who on every other occasion was an excellent person apart
from this one) said that 'those who can do and those who can't teach'.

If you
have an ability to connect with your student and you can be passionate about your craft then you should help people when they need it and you should teach.
So, GBS - Well I can teach, so I do

Kind Regards

Liz Baker
thelace...@btinternet.com