... well almost.

I was just flicking through our local paper, the Cambridge Evening News and
came across this full page story

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Cambridge/Stitch-in-time-back-to-17th-century-10112011.htm

'Stitch in time - back to 17th century

Shoppers in a Cambridge store might think they've stepped back in time this
weekend - to the world of 17th-century Holland.
Staff at John Lewis will be recreating one of the world's most famous
paintings, Vermeer's The Lacemaker, in the flesh.
Annie Roberts, who works in the haberdashery department and is an accomplished
needlewoman, will dress up as the painter's subject, and surrounded by similar
props, will pose for a local artist...

"She'll be modelling on Saturday Nov 19th between 10am and 4pm while Stuart
Catterson, an artist from Ely, paints the recreation. And he'll be dressed as
Vermeer.

...'

With a picture to compare her with the painting.

I was in our library at the time, and startled the librarian with the cry 'But
she's not epithet lacemaking!'

She's working on an embroidery hoop.

Nice try, a pity they couldn't drum up a real lacemaker.  Anyway anyone in the
area, it might be worth a giggle, or perhaps the "anti-tatting lady" could put
them right. Not me though, I'll be doing the real thing at Knuston Hall.

Louise

In Cambridge where the dreich cylonic gloom has lifted, but the sun is almost
setting and its only 3:45!