Thank you all for some good replies, I do have some of those vanish sheets so
hopefully it will remove the pink from the white clothing which includes the
underarm seam of a 30 year old hand knitted aran.
I am going to be cautious with the top for now as I haven't yet washed it, so
the lace is still white and the top still red.   If all else fails I will
definately be tempted to make up a new insert to tack over the top of the
commercially made one.
Sorry about not including lace content in my first email but I didn't expect
so many of you to be around to answer:-) and brain not in gear.

Now some proper lace content.   I have another new top, not yet worn, grey
with pattern and a few sequins over the top and the neck line is a tad low on
me, so a modisty panel would definately be useful.   Having never yet made
anything that actually had to fit clothing yet I have no idea where to start.
Maybe a paper pattern shape drawn with some seam allowed extra?
Sue T
Dorset UK
www.hurwitzend.co.uk