Happy New Year everyone.
Just a very brief update to tell you the outcome of the red colour problems.
I did a quick hand soak on the white undies in my normal liquid which removed
almost all of it, and then into the washing machine with the normal wash plus
one of the colour catches (in the same net bag).  Almost completely pure white
again and its fine, I think the next wash will remove any last minute amount
of colour.
I have just taken the cotton red top out of the machine where it was washed
with my burgundy tablecloth, my previously washed hand made ruby napkins with
lace trim and 2 well washed red jumpers.  I again put the top in with 2 of the
colour catcher sheets and it is looking good, white insert and red top.
I had previously emailed the company and got a reply saying if I thought it
was faulty I could return the top to the shop for a refund or exchange, so
decided I had nothing to loose my following their washing instructions (along
with our own ideas and caution).  If it had gone wrong I would have returned
it with the email and receipt or made a new insert (once I was happy it
wouldn't bleed onto that which would have been a much bigger disaster) but as
it is I can continue to wear it in the future.
Thank you for your good ideas and advice.

Sue T
Dorset UK
www.hurwitzend.co.uk