Jo,

A number of old Flemish laces I've worked or seen in books have small
areas of half stitch.  In my experience the challenge (pitfall?) is making a
neat transition between the surrounding cloth stitch and the half-stitch
areas.  I don't believe I have seen half stitch by itself (i.e., an entire
motif with ring pair) but if the motif were not too complicated in shape, I
don't see why it wouldn't work.

Please post pictures and report on how it
turns out, whether a success or not!

Nancy
Connecticut, USA

On Fri, Jan
13, 2012 at 7:56 AM, Jo <yhgr....@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> Before I go through
trial and error I would like your opinion about
>> applying
>> half stitch in
flanders motives. If possible at all, what are the pitfalls?