Hi Jo
The only pitfall I can think of is organizing the half stitch in the motif. Remember that in Flanders the worker in each row changes and becomes a passive while another worker takes over. If you can manage to do that type of change over then it should be fine. Experiment.

Anna from a cloudy and cool Sydney