Sue and the spiders (sounds like a fab new group eh!!),

I have always used
the SMP domed pillows as my first choice because they are hard waring and were
rather inexpensive.  If the centre got squidgey I just treated myself to a new
one.  Back in 2002 I bought a whole bunch of them (it was a buy 4 and get the
5th free offer they did at the time) and popped them in my loft.

DH thinks
it's rather fun that every time we move, so do the 'new' pillows which need to
be loving looked after so they don't get bashed.  But he agrees that it's real
treat for me to think, whatever, I'll just go get a new one out.  "No excuses
not to make lace" ... his saying as he is convinced that when I play computer
games my IQ can be heared to shrink.

For my more important projects I have
two of Rosemarie Robertson's pillows - my honiton and my fan pillow (it's the
one where the centre rotates within the other part of the pillow.

Rosemarie
Robertson covers her pillows with felt before putting the cotton cover on and
this does hold the pillow together.  I would think that for a very domed
pillow you would need to cut darts into the felt so that it lies flat and also
I would think that you would need to glue it to the pillow to stop it from
moving.  If you are working with polystrene then I think good old copydex
would be the best bet because if it's new then you can put a very thin layer
onto the felt and pillow, let them start to dry then contact stick them when
it's nearly dry.  This way there would be no sticky stuff to come through the
felt or the lace.

Hope my thoughts help.

With SMP no longer doing the
domed pillows I suppose my first choice would be to buy up old Dryad kits on
ebay - but can anyone out there recommend a good reasonably priced domed
pillow in the UK.

Kind Regards

Liz Baker

thelace...@btinternet.com
My chronicle of my bobbins can be found at my website:
http://thelacebee.weebly.com/