Hi Lorelei and all
I too have a problem with my left eye, which I damaged inside when I fell and broke my arm a few years ago. Therefore I often either enlarge the pattern and work in thicker thread, or where magnifying glasses. The latter especially when I go on a Bedfordshire lace course with Christine Springett.

At the moment I am working on a Celtic knot - kind of in Milanese, but working it out as I go along. The first and second attempts were hopeless, but (three knocks on wood in the dutch way) so far so good.
Agnes Boddington - Elloughton UK

I have eyesight problems and difficulties finding an optometrist who
understands what I need.  So bobbin lace is becoming problematic.
Lorelei