One additional use I have found valuable is the capability of my tablet
to photograph instructor-drawn lace diagrams from a lace class done on
a blackboard or dry erase board. I am terrible at redrawing these
useful diagrams of specific techniques and have in the past used a
digital camera or smartphone with camera function to photograph
diagrams rather than trying to copy them by hand. Think of it as a
portable xerox/photocopy machine. With my tablet (mine is a Microsoft
Surface with USB port), I can photograph the instructor's drawings and
see them clearly on my tablet screen, or choose to print or copy them
to another computer. (The tablet screen is considerably larger than the
phone or digital camera screen so I can see it clearly without needing
to transfer it for useful purposes, plus it can be enlarged by placing
my fingers on the photo and sliding them apart.) I think we are just
beginning to learn how these new devices can be useful to lacemaking.
As an aside, my tablet also has a Kindle app, so I can download books
from that source, but also from many other sources which have been
mentioned. Also, if I have a photo (either taken by me or downloaded
from another source) of lace, I can enlarge the photo detail to a
virtual microscopic degree to study the lace and its thread paths,
provided the resolution is high enough.
Vicki in Maryland where spring has finally sprung!
-----Original Message-----
From: Anna Binnie <[email protected]>
I have scanned images of lace, lace patterns and working diagrams and
saved them as pdf. These can then be put on your ipad or reader. And
there you have it.
-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/